BCATS ADMISSIONS CONTRACT
*This is to be completed by Base School Administrator and Student prior to BCATS admission*
I, _________________, from _____________________ High School choose to attend the BCATS
Student Name School Name
Program at Community High School rather than be placed on a short-term/extended suspension.
1. I will attend, participate, and cooperate in ______ days of the program, as assigned to me by the principal or his/her designee of my base school, beginning ___/___/___ and ending ___/___/___. The program will be held at Community High School during regular school hours.
2. I understand the failure or refusal to participate and/or engaging in inappropriate behaviors may result in my termination from the program, and the out-of-school suspension will go into effect.
3. I understand and agree to abide by Buncombe County School rules and codes of conduct as well as any rules and guidelines of the BCATS Program. I understand that problem behavior, poor attitude, refusal to participate, etc. will result in ejection from the BCATS Program, again resulting in out-of-school suspension.
4. I understand that I will work to keep up with academic requirements from my base school.
5. I understand that it is my responsibility to attend the required amount of days in the BCATS Program. I understand that any missed days will count as OSS Absences.
6. I understand that as part of the BCATS Program, I will be participating in an intake interview, an exit interview, and I will be actively involved in developing a personalized behavioral contract and transition plan to help me be successful upon my return to my base school.
GRADE: _________ DATE: ____/____/____ TYPE OF OFFENSE:___________________
STUDENT ID #: ___________________ GENDER/ETHNICITY: ________________
BASE SCHOOL: __________________ STUDENT HOME PHONE: ______________________
PRINCIPAL OR REPRESENTATIVE SIGNATURE
By signing this contract, I agree to attend Buncombe County Alternative to Suspension Program at CommunityHigh School and I agree to abide by the terms stated in this contact. I understand that refusal to sign this contract will result in my forfeiture of the BCATS option and I will complete the assigned Out-of-School Suspension.
Student Signature date Witness date
I/We, ____________________________, choose to have my/our child, _____________________
Parent/Guardian Name(s) Student Name
attend the Buncombe County Alternative to Suspension (BCATS) Program under the conditions set forth in this contract. I/We understand that problem or disruptive behavior will result in my/our child’s termination from the program and that he/she will be required to fulfill out-of-school suspension (OSS) requirements. I/We understand that any absences from the BCATS Program will be counted as OSS absences. I understand and agree to the program content at BCATS that includes academic maintenance, identification of behavioral antecedents and triggers, assumption of responsibility for behaviors, long-term effects of continued misbehavior, behavioral contracting, anger management, impulse control, and development of student-centered transition plans and contracts.
_________________________ will attend BCATS from ___/___/___ to ___/___/___.
I understand that this Parent Contract confirms the agreement I made with ________________
School Administrator Name
prior to my child’s admission to the BCATS Program on ____/____/____.
Date of verbal agreement
Parent/Guardian Signature Date Parent/Guardian Signature