A program of the Buncombe County Health Center
SCHOOL NURSE ~ SHARON RAINES, RN, NCSN
SCHOOL = 686-7734
OFFICE = 250-5075
Office hours every Friday
What is School Nursing?
nurses are employed by the Buncombe County Health Center. They serve
both Asheville City and Buncombe County School Systems. School nurses
work together with students, families and school staff to identify and
follow up on health related issues.
· See students with illnesses, injuries, asthma, diabetes, chronic conditions and other health concerns.
Talk to parents about health related questions or concerns. The school
nurse can help develop a health plan for a child while they are at
· Teach school staff about chronic health conditions, special health care tasks and medication administration.
· Train school staff to manage daily health care needs of students.
· Screen for vision and dental problems and assure students receive needed care.
· Advise schools and parents on childhood immunizations and diseases.
feel free to contact me at any time with questions or concerns. I will
be glad to work with you to assure that your child’s health concerns are
met while at school.
You cannot get educated unless you are healthy and you cannot stay healthy unless you are educated.